Thursday, January 28, 2010

today : i-don't geddit


So Apple launched another thing today. I know this because the news (the News!) announced it a full 18 hours before it happened (also third item on the news on Channel 5 - Avatar makes loads of money. Fourth item: man jailed for killing three children).

Don;t get me wrong. I like gadgets - especially those that help me. I have a touch-screen phone that is also a pretty fully loaded MP3 device (not an Apple one, I got mine on a free upgrade to go with my contract. It was a good deal, less money: new phone) and I like it a lot.

But here's the thing I don't get. The whole queuing up overnight to get a gadget. Running and wrestling to the front of the queue. Paying premium money to get the latest thing. How empty a life do you have to possess before you begin to masturbate over leaked pictures of electronic communication devices?

No comments:

Post a Comment