Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Today : perspective

In the past week, both Fred and Bob died. I didn't know them that well, in fact, both men I met only once. I spent a day with Fred at the wedding of my friends Guy and Jo, Bob and his wife Lynn once took me for a delicious Tex-mex meal in Austin. As locals they knew the best place at the other side of the tracks.

They were friends of some of my best friends and both, by all accounts were good people. Fred died suddenly one Sunday morning, Bob had cancer.

Yet both deaths were shocking. They were young men, in their fifties.

It's a cliche, but the older I get, the more people I know die. It's hard to accept when good folks' lives end prematurely.

What do we do in response? I guess we carry on, and try to be a little like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment