Monday, May 03, 2010

today : a pretty good stop-gap


Haven't been able to finish anything recently - sleep pattern's gone and all that. I thought about breaking my election embargo but instead I'm posting Lissie's song 'In Sleep', which has got under my skin recently. Imagine if someone told you this was some long lost Stevie Nicks song from 1978 then you might believe them. In my opinion Lissie has a better voice than Stevie, and it would be a travesty if she didn't make it big time. It's nice to have so many excellent female artists around at the moment. But Lissie is a bit different: her voice and music doesn't sound like a girl, but like a proper woman (like Lucinda Williams next to Taylor Swift, for example. Or Lily Allen next to Kate Bush, or Jenny Lewis next to Harriet Wheeler).

No comments:

Post a Comment